About Me

My photo
I am practically no one, am not anyone whose existence or non existence would affect the course of our society, culture, life, policies, conduct, etc. Still I do have my opinions on all of these issues. In crisp and to be precise...I am just a commoner!! Read on... if you are interested

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Office-Office

Back to blogging after a few days...the reason being the tale of my lappy n the **************** watever virus! The stars dont really reflect the volume of my anger, n if i try to show how much the ***************** virus irritated me,then the whole post will be full of stars(lik sum of our shows are turning into "BEEEEEEEEP" shows!!)

Newaz....my project took me to the adventuruous visit to the State GOVT offices...in search of some info as I mentioned before.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scene 1: Tuesday, 12th May 09 morning, Agni-shavan vibhag:(hindi is the one and only language)

As soon as one enters, one wonders in which era one is living? Well, wasnt this supposed to be the computer age? Well guess not...not atleast according to them coz the person whom I went to meet was found on the opposite side of a huge pile of files that was obstructing the vision! Files which weighed I dont know how many kilos.....(You can surely workout using those...n can be rest assured that within 30 days you will have biceps, triceps,....forceps,....n what not!)

"Abhi hum vyasth hai shaam ko aana" Well, i can understand it takes time to lower down the pile so that atleast he can see with whom he is talkin :P

Scene2: Tuesday, 12th May 09 morning, grameen vikaas vibhag :

This office didnt seem like the usual state govt office. The place was tidy, floor was build of tiles, there were cabins, not sure of the rural development but its office has surely developed a lot!!

Peeping into the cabin I found the person licking an ice-cream with utmost pleasure. So, I waited n I waited n I waited....BTW, forgot to mention... the avg waiting time in govt offices is 1 n haf to 2hrs....but thankgod ice-creams dont last that long.....after hearing my story he asked me to go n meet a person who in turn directed me to another person who is incharge of procurement. Here is what he had to say when I asked about the employee strength--- "Sarkari jankari hai, aise kaise de de". For one moment I felt as if I was an ISI agent asking for NSG's employee strength! So I bid adieu n proceeded towards my next destination...

Scene 3: Tuesday, 12th May 09 afternoon, Bhoomi Sanrakshan vibhag:

This place was a commonplace state govt office...with gutkha coloured walls, the red coloured walls compeled me to think whether gutkha helps in soil conservation...i mean..is it a soil fertilizer or something? Newaz...a board hanging outside the room told me that meeting time was from 3 to 4pm.....
At the specified time, the commoner found the door bolted from outside, on clarification was told that "sir" was taking an afternoon nap....checked the board again! Did I see something wrong on the board....meeting time or sleeping time?

Scene 4: Tuesday, 12th May 09 evening,Sankhyani(statics) vibhag:


This office was advanced and hi-tech than the rest, as it had 3 computers! One person was playing spider solitaire on one of 'em..while the other computers were used by "computer operators" specially hired for working in the system.....a man, sat beside the operator who dictatated what is required to do.......In this period of cost-cutting keeping 2 man for a job..thats quiet an achievement...n like this only we can solve the problem of unemployment for our ever-growing population!!

Scene1(back to): Tuesday,12th May 09 "shaam", Agni-shavan vibhag:

NO....I cant see his face even now..so the same message came to the ears- "abhi hum vyasth hai, subah ko aana"!! I dont know when this vicious circle is gonna end...but I must keep trying...

N thats what m doing!

Its not that each person was rude, not that every thing was mismanaged, not that I came back empty handed from each place but someone said rightly...that if one gets one negative among the positives he's bound to recall the negative....n give feedback according to that! No, m not complaining...actually its becoz of the negatives that one finds the trip adventuruous and something to write for.......

Given the sorry state of state govt offices and given the rank of the state(it features in the 2nd spot in the ranking of states only when you turn the list upside down)..........
...........well, our beloved sisterji can surely spare a thought or two....n then continue with her priministerial aspirations!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment